PIETER TORBIJN

0c
When I was 19 years old, I wrote the first letter to Pieter, that kindly answer me:
this correspondence was till last number I made of Puzzle Fun.

I started receiving letters and postcards with his great solutions



Solution of place most possible pentominoes X in an 8x8 square:
This cover with a solution inside a letter:





This letter is from July 1992, still a lot time before Puzzle Fun first issue



some problem with chess pieces:


Chess was other of his hobbies, as he told me in April 11, 1994 letter



Some postcards have no words (near solution of 16 for symmetric narrow passage problem)



First letter with solutions of Puzzle Fun 1, October 3, 1994




And soon was an addiction (6 letters in less than a month)

I meet him in Holland in February 1996 This photo is in his house with his wifeWith Anton Hanegraaf, Jan De Geus, and Pieter Torbijn in De Geus house.


Do you remember the X pentomino solution enclosed in the cover I should not open?


Here is in one of the articles we made together (this is for magazine CFF)


Letter sent me in a curious date: 9/9/99 with solutions of Puzzle Fun 21

Pieter Torbijn will always be a part of Puzzle Fun!!!

Magazine Puzzle Fun © 2008 Blog Design by Randomness